EUROPE: JF Hillebrand makes Meerendonk buy
JF Hillebrand completed the purchase of Meerendonk last week
JF Hillebrand has upped its presence in the Netherlands and Belgium through the purchase of Meerendonk Advanced Logistics.
The transaction, announced late last week, sees JF Hillebrand's Benelux division take control of Meerendonk, which has offices in Ridderkerk and Antwerp. Founded in 1985 by current owner Michel van den Meerendonk, the company operates in the importation of wine for both importers and retailers in the two countries.
“All of Meerendonk’s 22 staff will now join the JF Hillebrand team,” a spokesperson for Hillebrand told just-drinks late last week. “This takes the total head count in Benelux to 46 full-time employees.”
Hans Schipper, MD of JF Hillebrand Benelux, added: “There are a great many synergies between our businesses, with many of their activities seamlessly connecting to our activities. In addition, their expertise in areas such as customs clearance will be a great extension of our service portfolio.”
Financial details behind the purchase were not disclosed.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research