FRANCE/USA: Jean-Marie Messier and Edgar Bronfman, Jr. Comment on Sale of Seagram Spirits and Wine Business
In response to today's announcement that Diageo and Pernod Ricard will acquire Seagram's spirits and wine business for $8.15 billion, the following comments were issued today: Jean-Marie Messier, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Vivendi Universal, said: "I am very pleased with the agreement we have executed with Diageo and Pernod Ricard. This agreement recognizes the full value of Seagram's spirits and wine business and creates after tax proceeds that exceed Seagram's net debt. This transaction strengthens our balance sheet and helps to create real and immediate value for Vivendi Universal shareholders. We have a great management team in place and strong media and communications businesses that are strategically well positioned. With this sale, we will now focus our energy on achieving the aggressive growth targets that we have set for ourselves."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review