GLOBAL: International Center for Alcohol Policies, Global Alcohol Producers Group to merge
The International Center for Alcohol Policies will merge with the Global Alcohol Producers Group
The International Center for Alcohol Policies and the Global Alcohol Producers Group have agreed to amalgamate their operations.
The two industry-funded trade organisations confirmed on Wednesday (11 April) that the combined entity will “serve as a dedicated resource in the companies’ ongoing work to help reduce harmful use of alcohol and promote understanding of responsible drinking”. Drinks companies with board representation include: Anadolu EFES; Anheuser-Busch InBev; Asahi Breweries; Bacardi; Beam Inc; Brewers Association of Japan; Brown-Forman; Carlsberg; Constellation Brands; Diageo; Heineken; JSLMA; Kirin; Moët Hennessy; Molson Coors; Pernod Ricard; SABMiller, and UB Group.
“A key purpose of the new organisation will be to support and accelerate implementation of the 'Beer, Wine and Spirits Producers’ Commitments to Reduce Harmful Drinking',” ICAP and GAPG said. “The organization will also work to promote understanding of the positive role of alcohol in society and the most effective policies and programmes to combat harmful use, as well as contribute to an informed debate by providing balanced and evidence-based science.”
Rick Wilson, ICAP chairman & senior VP of external affairs & corporate responsibility at Bacardi-Martini, added: “We believe this new organisation will build on our historic efforts to reduce harmful use and allow us to engage more actively with all key stakeholders.”
The president of ICAP, Marcus Grant, will assume the role of CEO on an interim basis. Further details regarding the name of the organisation as well as its leadership will be confirmed “as information is available”.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said he is confident the US beer market will continue to improve this year....
Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
The beer industry's obsession with craft beer may have hit a peak of sorts with Anheuser-Busch InBev's snarky Super Bowl ad mocking craft beer lovers as soft and undeserving of "brewed the hard way" b...
Bacardi Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future