FRANCE: Interbrew to file complaint (report)
The newspaper quoted Interbrew's legal counsel, Patrice Thys, as saying: "Heineken and Kronenbourg have put in place a system of vertical integration which literally shuts out competitors from the French market."
Thys told the paper that Interbrew would prove its case to the French competition authorities by citing the European Commission's findings concerning the Belgian market.
The case in Belgium in 2001 found Interbrew and Danone to be engaged in a pact to control the Belgian hotel, restaurant and cafe outlet market and to cooperate over pricing. Thys was quoted as saying: "If we have been found guilty by the European Commission for the creation of a cartel in Belgium, our competitors who create cartels in other countries should also be found guilty and open up their markets to us."
Interbrew has so far not commented on the report.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
A poor start to the year in France is expected to hit Groupe Danone through to the middle of 2005....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
UK bottled water sales rose 0.5% to 2.08bn litres in 2004, translating into GBP1.2bn of retail value, according to figures released yesterday (31 March)....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020