INDIA: Interbrew plans entry for Indian market
The Belgian brewer is apparently scouting for a partner and is in negotiations with various domestic brewing majors.
India's Business Standard, reported last week that senior Belgian government officials said that the company was testing the waters for making its entry and will identify local partners for manufacturing and selling beer in the country.
So far Interbrew is understood to have conducted extensive talks with Mysore Breweries, a regional player in Karnataka, which owns a strong beer brand called Knockout, for collaboration and a marketing alliance.
Vice president of Mysore, M Nayak, said: "We had held a dialogue with Interbrew for a tie-up, but no official decision has been taken so far."
Sources also reported that Interbrew held talks with India's most influential domestic drinks company the UB Group, but nothing has come of them.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
The UB Group is looking to offload some of its liquor brands, according to local reports....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends