US: Interbrew loses Beck's distribution case
Last year, the Mexican company won an order from the US District Court in New York blocking Interbrew's distribution plans to put Beck's into its Labatt USA portfolio. Femsa, which owns 30% of Labatt USA, contended that the arrival of Beck's would reduce the attention paid to its own brands in the portfolio.
Interbrew said it would not be appealing against the decision, adding that the court ruling would not have an impact on its finances or the day-to-day management of its US operations.
Femsa said after the ruling that its priority now was "to continue with the constructive dialogue currently in process between Femsa Cerveza and Interbrew regarding Labatt USA and the strategy going forward."
Interbrew had hoped to make annual savings of €10m by distributing Beck's through Labatt USA rather than the existing Beck's structure. Interbrew owns the remaining 70% in Labatt USA.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research