UK: Iceni Waters ties up sports sponsorship extensions
It will be the second consecutive year Iceni has sponsored the teams
Iceni Water has extended its partnership with two UK sports following the success of the London Olympics.
The company's natural mineral water brand will be the official water supplier to the GB and England hockey teams and the England badminton squad throughout 2013, it said yesterday (24 January). Iceni, founded in 2007 by the Hong Kong-based firm Cheung Kong Infrastructure, will also set up a branded hockey programme giving equipment to clubs in the UK, it said.
It is the second consecutive year Iceni has sponsored the teams, with the partnerships running through last year's Olympics.
No financial details of the agreement were disclosed.
Bottled water has come in for criticism in the US recently. Earlier this month, a town in Massachusetts banned the sale of water in PET bottles smaller than one litre to cut waste and encourage the use of tap water.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review