US: ICAP lines up fresh leadership
The International Center for Alcohol Policies has appointed a chairman and vice-chairman.
The US-based industry body said yesterday (30 January) that Barton Alexander, the global vice president of alcohol policy and corporate responsibility at Molson Coors will assume the chairmanship.
Alexander has served on the ICAP board of directors since 1995, and he replaces Diageo's Mark Leverton as chairman.
The group's new vice chairman, meanwhile, is Rick Connor, vice president of international public affairs at Pernod Ricard. Connor is also the director of public affairs at Pernod's Chivas Brothers subsidiary in the UK.
Established in 1995 to promote global public and private partnership in the area of alcohol policy, ICAP is supported by 10 major international beverage companies.
The US-based Eastern European drinks group CEDC has continued its rapid expansion with the acquisition of Russian vodka brand Parliament. While some observers have questioned the move, Patience Gould ...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Champagne Perrier-Jouët has launched the 1999 vintage of its Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque marque in the UK....
Pernod Ricard has posted a slight lift in sales for its full-year....
Skateverket, Sweden's National Tax Bureau, has started the process of demanding what the tax authority claims are excise duties outstanding on alcohol products bought by residents of Sweden from Inter...
Brown-Forman Corporation has released its first Corporate Responsibility Report, encompassing the company's commitment to social, environmental, civic, financial, and personal responsibilities....
A new wine company has been formed, aiming to promote reduced alcohol wines in the UK market....
Pernod Ricard is bringing a premium addition to its Campo Viejo wine brand to the UK....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends