CHINA/US: Huiyuan Juice strikes US Wal-Mart deal
Leading Chinese fruit juice brand Huiyuan Juice has secured a supply deal with US retailer Wal-Mart worth CNY100m (US$12.9m) in sales.
The deal, said to be the largest ever for a Chinese juice maker, was unveiled to local media late last week. It will see Huiyuan juice stocked in more than 3,000 Wal-Mart stores across the US over the coming year.
The company first entered the US market in 2004 and has seen sales there rise by 30% a year to CNY20m in 2006.
Mao Tianci, Huiyuan vice president, said the Chinese market remained the firm's main focus. With per capita consumption of just 3.4 litres of juice each year - compared to 34 litres in the US - the Chinese market remains set for strong growth.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends