CHINA: Huiyuan Juice Group appoints CEO as founder moves aside
China Huiyuan Juice Group has appointed a new chief executive as its founder & president is stepping down from leading the business.
Daniel Saw, previously Asia president at Campbell Soup Company, took over as CEO at the Beijing-headquartered fruit juice producer yesterday (15 July), the company said. The group's founder, Zhu Xinli, is giving up his role as president, but will remain as Huiyuan's chairman & executive director.
"The board welcomes Mr Saw to the company and extends its sincerest gratitude to Mr Zhu Xinli for his invaluable contribution to the company during his tenure as president," a statement said.
Saw has around 30 years experience in the beverage and food industry. Prior to Campbell, he was CEO at Lee Kum Kee Sauce Group from 2009 to 2012. He has also worked for Philip Morris International, Kraft Foods International and Cadbury Schweppes in Greater China, South East Asia, Australia and the Pacific Region.
In May, Huiyuan announced it is buying fruit and vegetable juice concentrate and puree maker China Huiyuan Industry Holding for HKD4.94bn (US$636m). Earlier in the year, it revealed plans to diversify into winemaking.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
Chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks continued to dominate other hot drinks in 2012. This is partly due to the strong recognisability of the brands of the two main players – Cadbury Bournvita and M...
Growth in hot drinks was steady and strong in 2012 because of the marketing activities of major players, the increasing consumption of tea and coffee in offices, and the fact that many Nigerians are a...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets