UK: Highland Spring Group appoints new finance head
Highland Spring is eyeing new FMCG markets
Highland Spring Group has appointed a new finance director four months after overtaking Evian as the UK's top-selling bottled water brand.
Mark Steven, who started on Monday (19 August), will steer the company's expansion into broader FMCG markets, Highland Spring CEO Les Montgomery said today. “(Steven) will be a valuable asset to Highland Spring Group as we move into a new strategic phase,” Montgomery said.
Steven replaces Murray Falconer, who has taken on a new job nearer his home after five years with Highland Spring, a company spokesperson told just-drinks.
Steven was previously CFO at Vion Food Group and operations finance director of Grampian Country Food Group. The chartered accountant attended Harvard Business School and the University of Aberdeen, and has worked in the US and Thailand.
In April, figures from Zenith International showed that Highland Spring was the UK's most popular bottled water. Danone-owned Evian fell back to second, followed by Buxton, Volvic and Nestlé Pure Life.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Les Montgomery talking about the group's rise to the top, click here.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
This month's management briefing takes a look at the last 12 months for the global drinks industry. In part one, Ben Cooper reviews the year in the bottled water category....
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reports on the recent controversy surrounding the SodaStream Super Bowl advert in the US and asks, who really gained from its rejection by the media?...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward....
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015