UK: Highland Spring acquires Gleneagles Spring Water
Today Highland Spring, Scotland's No1 natural mineral water and Britain's biggest brand producer*, acquired its Blackford neighbour, The Gleneagles Spring Water Company from Time Group Ltd, Lancashire for an undisclosed sum. Best known for its stylish glass bottle, Gleneagles, a natural mineral water sourced from the Perthshire Gleneagles Estate, had a £1.3 million turnover to July 2000. Highland Spring is forecasting a 27% uplift in turnover to £35 million for 2001, prior to the takeover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets