UK: Highland Park, Loganair deal takes flight
Maxxium said the partnership, confirmed yesterday (2 November), would celebrate both brands' heritage with Scotland's Orkney Islands.
Gordon Muir, senior brand manager for malt whiskies at Maxxium UK, said: "The unique Orkney peat that we cut from our own moor and use to malt our barley, the sea spray that drifts over the islands, and the cool, consistent climate all play a critical role in the flavour of Highland Park, so the islands are central to our identity and to our whisky."
Highland Park will also be promoted on board Loganair-operated British Airways flights throughout Scotland. The agreement will continue until 2009.
Highland Park is owned by Scotch whisky producer The Edrington Group, which is one of the four shareholders in the Maxxium distribution network.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
The World Trade Organisation has agreed to an EU request to take a closer look at India's taxation of spirits and wines....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a lift in wine and spirits revenues for the first quarter of this year....
Davide Campari-Milano has trimmed the size of its board and issued dividend details....
Maxxium UK has lined up an innovative approach to the Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand in the UK....
The head of United Spirits, has called for the deregulation of the global whisky industry....
A leading Bacardi executive has called on the Scotch whisky industry to radically rethink its rules on the definitions of Scotch whisky, questioning whether the strict guidelines were hindering Scotch...
Burn Stewart Distillers and Distell Group have created a joint venture in Africa....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends