MEXICO: Herradura sale – speculation mounts
Speculation is intensifying that three drinks companies are in the running to buy Casa Herradura.
"There is interest in buying 100% ... and Herradura will listen," Herradura's public relations director Hector Quirarte told Reuters. "If at the end of the day the proposals are interesting, they will be analysed."
Quirarte also told the news service that no formal offer hd yet been made or a price set, but added that offers are expected within the next two months with a decision due by the end of this year.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Pernod Ricard said: "If it were true, we would not comment, if it were not true, we still would not comment."
Returning a request for comment yesterday, a spokesperson for Brown-Forman declined to comment on the claims. Bacardi also declined to comment yesterday.
Herradura's owners, Pablo and Guillermo Romo de La Pena, last year bought back a 25% stake it had sold to the company's international distributor, Grupo Osborne, in 2001. Whilst looking to sell the stake again, the brothers received interest in a total acquisition from, among others, Pernod, Brown-Forman and Bacardi, Quirarte told Reuters.
Quirarte was unavailable to talk to just-drinks when contacted this afternoon.
The US Tequila category continues to show strong growth, while the premium Tequila sector is booming, making it a highly attractive investment opportunity for major spirits companies. Dean Best report...
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Brown-Forman has finally completed its purchase of Tequila producer Casa Herradura....
India's UB Group has reportedly set up its first wine subsidiary in the state of Maharashtra, the country's wine heartland....
Tests in the UK have reportedly shown that one in 50 bottles of wine sealed with screw caps could be ruined by sulphidisation. The UK-based International Wine Challenge event has tested tens of thousa...
The president and CEO of Corby Distilleries is to stand down....
Brown-Forman has put back the closing date for its purchase of Casa Herradura by a week....
Pernod Ricard has launched an Internet sales site in dedicated to offering customers, and particularly connoisseurs, top of the range products in France....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends