NETHERLANDS: Heineken veteran set to retire
Frans van der Minne has been with Heineken since 1975
The current strategic partnership director at Heineken has confirmed his intention to retire later this year.
Frans van der Minne, who has been with the brewer since 1975, announced late last week that he will leave Heineken in June.
Van der Minne started his Heineken tenure in The Netherlands. In 1977, he moved to the export group and, for several years, was based in Singapore and Sydney. After an interim period as general manager of the Murphy Brewery in Ireland, he returned to Amsterdam in 1989 as export director.
In 2000, he moved to the US, where he took the role of president and CEO of Heineken USA.
He returned to the Netherlands in 2006, as group HR director and a member of the company’s executive committee. He will finish his Heineken career as strategic partnership director, a position he assumed last year.
“Frans’ retirement will mark the end of an exceptional 35 years of service to our business,” said Heineken's CEO and chairman, Jean-François van Boxmeer. “In that time, Frans has probably sold more Heineken beer to more customers than anyone else in our company’s history.”
“I want to sincerely thank Frans for his outstanding dedication and leadership through the years. We wish him the very best in his future endeavours.”
Is beer good for you? The health benefits and drawbacks of beer have long been studied and debated. But is beer good for your country? Most definitely, conclude Larry Nelson and Frank Zappa....
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report