US: Heineken updates Heineken, Heineken Light bottles in US
Click through to view the new 'Star Bottle' from Heineken
Heineken has begun the national roll-out of new packaging for its two main beer brands in the US.
The company said late yesterday (28 February) that the 'Star Bottle', which was trialled in New York state last year, will roll out across the US this month for the Heineken and Heineken Light brands. Changes to the bottle, including a taller, slimmer neck, a curved embossment and a thumb groove that encourages drinkers to hold the bottle at a lower point, have been designed to “give it a more modern air of confident masculinity”.
The revamp, which can be viewed by clicking through from the image on the right, will affect the 12oz and 22oz bottles. The secondary packaging for Heineken and Heineken Light, including the six-pack, 12-pack, 18-pack, 24-pack and Draught Keg, will also be updated.
The move will be backed by a marketing and sales plan that will feature TV, digital and OOH media support, retail and on-premise programming as well as event activation.
Earlier today, Heineken proposed the appointment of its founder's great-great grandson to its board of directors.
Heineken has avoided action from the UK's advertising authorities after a complaint over a TV ad for Bulmers. ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends