US: Heineken updates Heineken, Heineken Light bottles in US
Click through to view the new 'Star Bottle' from Heineken
Heineken has begun the national roll-out of new packaging for its two main beer brands in the US.
The company said late yesterday (28 February) that the 'Star Bottle', which was trialled in New York state last year, will roll out across the US this month for the Heineken and Heineken Light brands. Changes to the bottle, including a taller, slimmer neck, a curved embossment and a thumb groove that encourages drinkers to hold the bottle at a lower point, have been designed to “give it a more modern air of confident masculinity”.
The revamp, which can be viewed by clicking through from the image on the right, will affect the 12oz and 22oz bottles. The secondary packaging for Heineken and Heineken Light, including the six-pack, 12-pack, 18-pack, 24-pack and Draught Keg, will also be updated.
The move will be backed by a marketing and sales plan that will feature TV, digital and OOH media support, retail and on-premise programming as well as event activation.
Earlier today, Heineken proposed the appointment of its founder's great-great grandson to its board of directors.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken has avoided action from the UK's advertising authorities after a complaint over a TV ad for Bulmers. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research