NETHERLANDS: Heineken targets grey dollar in competition call
Heineken has made a global call for help
Heineken has set its sights on the over-60s as it tries to tap into the well-off and time-rich demographic.
The Dutch brewer has called for submissions from the public to help the company build new products and campaigns aimed at the over-60s. Submissions for the 60+ Generation Project, which must be sent by tomorrow (28 February), should be entered through Heineken's 'Ideas Brewery' website and will compete for a share of a US$10,000 prize.
“The 60-plus consumer demographic is a group that is, by and large, affluent, has lots of spare time and enjoys treating themselves with good experiences,” a Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks yesterday. “Through the competition, we hope to get better insights into what motivates these consumers and what opportunities we can create from these insights with either new products or specifically targeted campaigns.”
The spokesperson said that Heineken already positions speciality and regional brands such as Brandt Bier at a slightly older age group from its more mainstream Heineken and Amstel brands. “But, we recognise there is a potential opportunity to drive scale behind this consumer target,” the spokesperson added.
A video explaining the submissions brief can be viewed below.
Heineken's Ideas Brewery was launched in April last year and aims to attract insights from outside the company. The spokesperson said insights from previous Ideas Brewery competitions “have a real chance of coming to market”, but gave no details.
This month, Heineken posted single-digit rises in year-on-year full-year profits and sales.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report