RUSSIA: Heineken sells Stepan Razin distribution centre
Heineken said St Petersburg and Russia's north-west remain important regions
Heineken has sold one of its former brewery sites, turned distribution centre, in Russia for an undisclosed sum.
The 7.4-hectare Stepan Razin site, in St Petersburg, saw production cease in 2009. Since then it has been used as a distribution centre.
The site has been sold to Stepan Razin Development, which plans to rent out some of the property as office space, Heineken confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (9 April).
Anna Meleshina, Heinekens's corporate relations director for Russia, said St Petersburg and Russia northwest region remained “important markets” for the group. She added: “The decrease in costs allows us to increase our competitiveness and maintain a leading position in the region, and also enables growth in the profitability of the business.”
Russia has been a challenging region for brewers to operate in of late. New laws banning the sale of beer from street kioks and print media advertising of alcohol were introduced earlier this year, on top of hefty duty hikes in the last two years.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China