UK: Heineken renews Manchester City FC tie-up
Amstel is among the brands that the deal covers
Heineken’s UK division has renewed its deal as official beer partner of Manchester City Football Club in the country.
The four-year renewal will see the Dutch brewer’s Foster’s, Heineken, Strongbow, Bulmers, Amstel and John Smith’s brands served on match days and during concerts at the club’s Ethiad stadium until the end of the 2017/8 season, Manchester City said today (28 August). Heineken and the club have had a commercial relationship for the past 18 years.
Lawson Mountstevens, Heineken UK’s on-trade MD, said: “We are delighted to extend our partnership with one of the most ambitious clubs in world football.”
Financial details behind the partnership were not disclosed.
Last week, Heineken reported a dip in first-half group net profits and sales.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts