UK: Heineken recruits Cantona for UK Kronenbourg 1664 ad
Eric Cantona in the new Kronenbourg TV ad
The ex-Manchester United player and French international appears in the new advert, 'A Taste Supreme', which will premiere on UK TV on Monday (4 February). Filmed in France's Alsace region, it features Cantona suggesting that the area's hop farmers are “treated like the footballers of Britain”.
The hop farmers are pursued by “paparazzi and beautiful women”, Heineken said, while Cantona is ignored.
The ad is the second phase of the 'A Taste Supreme' campaign, which launched last September in national press and on outdoor billboards.
Brasseries Kronenbourg is owned by Carlsberg, although the Kronenbourg 1664 lager brand is licensed to Heineken in the UK.
The UK arm of Heineken has been admonished by the country's Advertising Standards Authority for a television advert that ran earlier this year....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research