UAE: Heineken opens airport bar at Dubai International
Heineken has opened a lounge facility at Dubai International airport
Heineken has opened a branded airport lounge bar at Dubai International airport – its first in the Middle East.
The Dutch brewer has partnered with Emirates Leisure Retail, a Dubai-based subsidiary of the Emirates Group, and Dubai Airports to create the facility. It is located at terminal 3, concourse B at the airport.
The bar serves draught and bottled Heineken and Heineken Extra Cold, as well as other alcohol, soft drinks and food. The lounge also features screens showing sport and free Wifi.
A similar Heineken lounge is planned at Dubai airport – terminal 3, concourse A – to open in the first quarter of next year, according to Emirates Leisure Retail.
Among Heineken's other airport lounges is Newark, New Jersey, which opened in December 2008. Boston Beer Company also has a similar facility at the airport.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets