UAE: Heineken opens airport bar at Dubai International
Heineken has opened a lounge facility at Dubai International airport
Heineken has opened a branded airport lounge bar at Dubai International airport – its first in the Middle East.
The Dutch brewer has partnered with Emirates Leisure Retail, a Dubai-based subsidiary of the Emirates Group, and Dubai Airports to create the facility. It is located at terminal 3, concourse B at the airport.
The bar serves draught and bottled Heineken and Heineken Extra Cold, as well as other alcohol, soft drinks and food. The lounge also features screens showing sport and free Wifi.
A similar Heineken lounge is planned at Dubai airport – terminal 3, concourse A – to open in the first quarter of next year, according to Emirates Leisure Retail.
Among Heineken's other airport lounges is Newark, New Jersey, which opened in December 2008. Boston Beer Company also has a similar facility at the airport.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report