NETHERLANDS: Heineken launches EUR1.75bn notes
Heineken will use the funds generated by the notes for "general corporate purposes"
Heineken has secured a EUR1.75bn (US$2.15bn) cash injection through the placement of two sets of notes on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
Although the brewer is hoping to buy Fraser & Neave out of their Asia Pacific Breweries JV for around US$4bn, Heineken said earlier today (27 July) that the funds raised by the notes will be used for "general corporate purposes".
Heineken is set to announce its H1 results on 22 August.
Heineken N.V. successfully issues €1.75 billion of Notes
Amsterdam, 26 July 2012
Heineken N.V. today announced that it has successfully placed €1.75 billion of Notes, consisting of 8-year Notes for a principal amount of €1 billion with a coupon of 2.125% and 13-year Notes for a principal amount of €750 million with a coupon of 2.875%.
The Notes will be issued under the Company's European Medium Term Note Programme and will be listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
HEINEKEN has taken advantage of strong credit market conditions and secured cost-competitive financing. The proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes.
Citigroup, Credit Suisse, ING Bank, ABN AMRO, BBVA, Crédit Agricole CIB, Banca IMI, Santander and Societe Generale have acted as book runners for this transaction.
Original source: Company Release
He's back, Back, BACK. After an absence of almost two years, we're delighted to welcome Larry Nelson, the publisher of Brewers' Guardian, back into the just-drinks fold. and, to kick things off again,...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research