MEXICO: Heineken launches Dos Equis 'Kaws' bottles
The Dos Equis 'Kaws' promo from FEMSA Cerveza
The move marks one of Heineken's first major promotions for Dos Equis since acquiring FEMSA Cerveza. Kaws, whose paint characters have XX instead of eyes, has designed green bottles featuring two big red XX for premium Dos Equis lager and ambar.
The move is generating "much buzz" on blogs and across the internet, where the limited edition will be advertised, a spokesperson for Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma Brewery, a division of FEMSA, told just-drinks this week.
"This is our first campaign under Heineken and also the first time we promote a product only via the internet and through social networks like Facebook and Twitter," he said. Around 720,000 bottles of XX lager and ambar will be distributed in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey.
There are sound reasons behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's foray into the cider market with Stella Cidre, but the brand needs to be clear about what it's trying to do if it's going to survive as a latecome...
The Chilean drinks giant part-owned by Heineken, Compania Cervecerias Unidas, has recorded a drop in full-year profits following the sale of its stake in Aguas CCU Nestle....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research