BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Heineken eyes Schincariol brewer - report
Heineken is running its eye over Schincariol's books, according to a Bloomberg report today (9 May) that cites two unnamed sources familiar with the matter. The business cold fetch US$2bn, it is thought.
When contacted by just-drinks, a Heineken spokesperson declined to comment on the speculation.
Schincariol is Brazil's second biggest brewer by volume, although sits a long way behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's AmBev business, which accounts for around 70% of all beers sold in the country.
Still, rising disposable incomes in Brazil have made it a promising beer market and Heineken has been keen to establish a firm footing in the country as part of a wider foray into Latin America, following its acquisition of Mexico-based FEMSA Cerveza last year.
The US economy is going in the wrong direction just as MillerCoors is scraping the bottom of its synergies barrel....
They've been arguing for more than 100 years, but are we in danger of reaching some sort of clarity on the Budweiser trademark dispute in Europe?...
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on speculation that it has held talks with China's Kingstar Beer Group, with a view to taking a minority stake in the company....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends