NETHERLANDS: Heineken extends UEFA Champions League deal to 2017/18
Heineken has sponsored the Champions League since 2005
Heineken has renewed its headline sponsorship of the UEFA Champions League to cover another three years.
The new deal, announced today (31 October), will see the Dutch brewer sponsor the European club football tournament until at least the end of the 2017/18 season. The company still has another year left to run on its current three-year deal, signed in 2011.
Heineken has sponsored the tournament since 2005 and through it claims to reach a cumulative audience of four billion people in 220 countries.
The new deal includes includes improved broadcast reach in Germany, an increase in LED pitch boarding exposure and the right to promote the partnership “in key retail channels”, Heineken said.
Last week the brewer warned that it expects full-year profits to come in down on 2012, as its Q3 net profits slipped.
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper continue his review of the environmental efforts of the larger brewers. Here, he looks at Heineken, Molson Coors and SABMiller....
Some years ago I was told that the health lobbyists who had helped deliver England and Wales' smoking ban had switched their attention to scoring a similar 'victory' on alcohol. ...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020