UK: Heineken expands cask ale reach
Heineken launches Cask Orders scheme
Heineken is seeking to tap consumer thirst for cask ales in the UK by launching a summer campaign for the beers in the country's on-trade.
Heineken said today that it will run a programme entitled 'Cask Orders' in the UK in July and August. As part of the scheme, Heineken will make 42 cask ales from around 20 domestic brewers available to bars and pubs.
The move follows Heineken's decision, in November last year, to become a corporate member of Casque Marque, the cask ale accreditation scheme.
"Heineken UK is already one of the biggest and most active players in the cask sector, supporting the sale, distribution and dispense of over 375,000 barrels of cask ale per year," said Heineken UK's MD for sales, Lawson Mountstevens.
Pub licensees taking part in the Cask Orders programme will also receive promotional materials, such as clothing, glassware and golf merchandise.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas....
Heineken UK has said that it acted responsibly on pensions following news that the UK Pension Ombudsman will formally investigate complaints made against the brewer....
Heineken and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co have completed the purchase of almost total control of their Macedonian joint-venture, Pivara Skopje....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report