UK: Heineken consults staff over Bulmers shake-up
Heineken has confirmed a shake-up of operations around its Bulmers cider brand
Heineken has confirmed it has entered into a consultation process with 97 staff affected by changes to UK production of its Bulmers cider brand.
The company is planning to move all cider production and packaging undertaken at its plant in Ledbury to Hereford - 12 miles away - as part of a GBP58m (US$96.2m) investment, it said in a statement today (3 April). The Ledbury plant, part of Universal Beverages Ltd (UBL), will become a “dedicated fruit milling site”, the company said.
“There are 97 people at UBL affected by these proposals and we have entered into a formal consultation process with them,” the statement said.
However, the brewer said that the investment at Hereford will create “at least” 50 jobs, which will all be available to those affected at Ledbury. Sixteen jobs will also be retained at the Ledbury site to carry out fruit milling operations.
Trade union Unite branded the announcement a “matter of serious concern for the workforce and their families, as well as the local Ledbury economy”. The union said it had met with company representatives and was due to meet affected workers today.
Unite regional officer Chris Purvis said: “Our twin aims are to investigate how many jobs can be transferred from Ledbury to the new plant at Hereford with the appropriate training and to avoid any compulsory redundancies.
“Unite wishes to work in a constructive fashion with management to achieve those two goals.”
This week, just-drinks welcomes Fiona Curtin, the senior innovation manager at Heineken's division in Ireland and a just-drinks subscriber....
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Canadean's "Heineken UK Limited: Foodservice - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
The company aims at boosting beer sales in France via a threefold strategy: Promote beer as a drink to accompany meals and other moments of conviviality, organise nationwide events to educate consumer...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research