MACEDONIA: Heineken, Coca-Cola Hellenic complete Pivara Skopje buy
The two drinks companies, which joined forces to acquire 55.3% of the beer and soft drinks group in 1998, confirmed late last week that they have closed the acquisition of 41.2% of minority shares in Pivara Skopje.
Following the EUR79.1m (US$104.3m) buy, which was split equally between Heineken and CCHBC, the two now own 96.5% of Pivara Skopje's shares. The remaining 3.5% is largely owned by the group's former and current employees.
Heineken and CCHBC announced their intention to buy further into Pivara Skopje last month.
Premium beer sales are set to grow in "every continent" over the next four years according to a new just-drinks report, with Asia expected to show particularly strong growth. However, premium beer gro...
Kirin Holdings has made an informal approach to Brazil's third largest brewer Petropolis with a view to acquiring it, according to local reports. ...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK