RUSSIA: Heineken calm on worker unrest
Heineken says there is no strike at its St Petersburg brewery
Heineken has said that beer production is continuing at its brewery in St Petersburg, amid reports of a strike at the plant.
A number of staff at the brewery have laid down their tools for 24 hours, as of yesterday evening (14 December), according to a trade union linked to Heineken but representing the workers. Demonstration leader Vitaliy Morozov said that the dispute concerns workings hours for shift workers and has been lingering for more than a year.
When contacted by just-drinks, a Heineken spokesperson confirmed that some staff have stopped work at the brewery, but denied that this constitutes a strike. “The work of the brewery has not been halted, the production process has not been disturbed and goes on as scheduled.”
The Netherlands-based brewer said the action is “primarily aimed at generating attention for the position of two trade union leaders.” The beer brewer denied allegations that it is violating the Labour Code of the Russian Federation and said it is open for the dialogue.
This month, we present a four-part management briefing into the role the alcoholic drinks industry does play, doesn't play, and ought to play in encouraging responsible consumption. Part two sees Ben ...
This month, Pete Brown, fervent Twitterer, looks at the social media site and considers how the brewing world is talking to its consumers. If they're talking at all....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has squeezed Heineken out of the Dominican Republic via its deal to gain control of the country's largest brewer, Ceverceria Nacional Dominicana (CND)....
Kirin Holdings has made an informal approach to Brazil's third largest brewer Petropolis with a view to acquiring it, according to local reports. ...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages