US: Heineken appoints regional sales VP
Heineken has appointed Brian Fried as VP of sales for the Western division of its US business.
Fried, who takes up the role with immediate effect, will report to Scott Blazek, senior VP of sales at Heineken USA. He replaces Allan O'Neil, who has left "to pursue an opportunity outside the company", a Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks today (8 February).
In his new role, Fried will be responsible for establishing objectives, strategies and tactics, and guiding account planning, execution and culture for the Western Region. He will also oversee distributor relationships.
He has worked for Heineken in the US since 2004, most recently as director of business development, in which he helped to significantly expand Dos Equis distribution. He has previously worked for AMI Imports, Cadbury Schweppes and Miller Brewing Co.
There will be a lot of relieved beers being downed in Amsterdam tonight. And, while the folk at Heineken will be keen to hedge their bar spend, they'll still want to celebrate today's news....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research