US: Heineken appoints regional sales exec
Heineken has appointed Ivan Gutierrez as sales director for the 'heartland' region of its US beer business.
Heineken said today (10 February) that Gutierrez will take up the role immediately. Most recently, he was the America and Asia export director at Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma, which Heineken swallowed in 2010 as part of its acquisition of FEMSA Cerveza.
Gutierrez will report to Jeffrey Colbert, the vice-president for Heineken USA's central region. He will be responsible for "driving performance and delivering results through distributor management, retail execution and zone team development", the brewer said. He will also be responsible for the heartland zone's business plan and budget.
A spokesperson could not be immediately reached to give details of his predecessor.
There will be a lot of relieved beers being downed in Amsterdam tonight. And, while the folk at Heineken will be keen to hedge their bar spend, they'll still want to celebrate today's news....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research