EUROPE: Heineken appoints Eastern Europe head
Heineken switches presidents in Eastern Europe
Heineken has become the latest multinational brewer to announce an executive change in Eastern Europe, with Jan Derck van Karnebeek to replace Nico Nusmeier as president of its Central & Eastern Europe business.
Nusmeier has decided to leave Heineken and will be replaced by Derck van Karnebeek on 1 January, Heineken said today (29 November). Derck van Karnebeek is currently MD for Heineken in Romania.
In his new role, he will be based in Vienna and will report to the Netherlands-based brewer's CEO and chairman, Jean-François van Boxmeer. "Throughout his career, Jan Derck has consistently demonstrated the ability to lead teams and generate growth," said van Boxmeer.
Of Nusmeier, he said: "Nico leaves with our thanks for his contribution to the success of our company." He said: "Under his leadership... Central and Eastern Europe has grown considerably through organic growth, M&A and innovations, transforming the region into an important platform for future growth."
It was not immediately clear where 50-year-old Nusmeier is moving to. A spokesperson for Heineken told just-drinks that Nusmeier "has not communicated his next move". As a member of Heineken's executive committee already, the spokesperson added, his options to move upwards within the brewer were limited, "so he decided to leave".
The change at Heineken follows Carlsberg's announcement that Isaac Sheps will become its new SVP for Eastern Europe. Anheuser-Busch InBev, meanwhile, has appointed Stuart MacFarlane to be its new president for Central & Eastern Europe.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research