NETHERLANDS: Heineken Announces New Chief Executive Officer for USA Unit
Heineken N.V., the leading international brewer, today announced that it has named Frank Van der Minne as President and Chief Executive Officer of its Heineken USA unit. Van der Minne is a 25-year veteran of the Heineken Group, serving most recently as Director in Central and Eastern Europe, based in Amsterdam. Before that, he held various international positions in the Asia Pacific region, was General Manager of Murphy Brewery in Ireland and Export Director in Amsterdam. Van der Minne replaces Michael Foley, who will become the new Group Chief Executive of Aer Lingus, Ireland's national airline. Van der Minne will assume the new position on September 1. The appointment was announced by Heineken's Executive Board Chairman Karel Vuursteen, who praised Van der Minne as "an excellent beer executive with extensive international experience. With his track record in marketing, sales and distribution, he is well-equipped to lead the continuation of the strong performance of Heineken in the North American beer market." Heineken USA Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heineken N.V. and is benefiting from a strong growth trend among imported beers in America. The imported segment is the fastest-growing part of the American beer market. The company, headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., recently reported that its Heineken brand grew 11 percent in the U.S. in 1999, outperforming the import segment. The U.S. beer market overall grew 1.6 percent in volume. Heineken is the world's leading international brewer, with operations in over 100 countries. The Heineken brand is sold in over 170 countries, more than any other beer brand. Heineken N.V. and Heineken Holding N.V. shares are listed on the Amsterdam stock exchange. Prices for the ordinary shares may be accessed on Bloomberg under the symbols HEIN NA and HEHN NA, on the Reuter Equities 2000 Service under HEIN.AS and HEHN.AS and on Quotron under HEINN.EU and HKAN.EU. Additional information is available on Heineken's home page:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts