UK: Halewood International gives Sidekick long option
Halewood International's Sidekick range
Halewood International has repositioned its Sidekick brand away from its shot-based reputation in the UK.
The drinks producer and distributor said late last week that it will spend around GBP500,000 (US$773,750) in moving Sidekick away from the shot segment, and highlighting how the brand can be consumed as a long drink or in a cocktail.
The repositioning sees the introduction of “Mix’d Your Way” as a new strap line for Sidekick. Point of sale and marketing tools will also work to offer serving suggestions beyond consumption as a shot.
“We are acutely aware of the sensitivity surrounding shot-based products, which is why we launched a 500ml bottle in April 2008,” said Halewood’s brand manager for RTDs and shots, Hannah Blackburn. “This ... is designed to promote the brand as a base for long drinks and the idea behind Mix’d Your Way is to encourage consumers to serve as a long drink in the multiplicity of ways demonstrated in the promotional material.”
Two additional flavours have also been lined up for the brand; Chocolate Orange and Black Cherry. The range will be supported by trade press advertising, point of sale including back bar display units, pourers, bar runners and drip mats.
The Sidekick brand consists of a range of ten flavours available in 500ml bottles with an abv of 14.5%.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research