UK: Hain Celestial acquires Daniels Group
Hain Celestial has confirmed the acquisition of UK chilled foods and juice maker Daniels Group.
The US company has paid around US$230m to Daniels' owner, Singapore foodservice group SATS. The deal, announced today (25 October), follows speculation earlier this month that Hain Celestial was in talks to buy Daniels, which owns the Johnson's Juice Co brand.
Hain Celestial's president and CEO, Irwin Simon, said the deal will help Hain to expand the international presence of both companies' brands. "We will look to expand the distribution of certain Daniels brands throughout the rest of Europe utilising our European-based sales organisation," he said.
Based in Leeds, Daniels owns six facilities in the UK. The company generated sales of around $280m in its last fiscal year.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads