UK: Hain Celestial acquires Daniels Group
Hain Celestial has confirmed the acquisition of UK chilled foods and juice maker Daniels Group.
The US company has paid around US$230m to Daniels' owner, Singapore foodservice group SATS. The deal, announced today (25 October), follows speculation earlier this month that Hain Celestial was in talks to buy Daniels, which owns the Johnson's Juice Co brand.
Hain Celestial's president and CEO, Irwin Simon, said the deal will help Hain to expand the international presence of both companies' brands. "We will look to expand the distribution of certain Daniels brands throughout the rest of Europe utilising our European-based sales organisation," he said.
Based in Leeds, Daniels owns six facilities in the UK. The company generated sales of around $280m in its last fiscal year.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign