IRELAND: Guinness Bread blooming as mix is released
It follows news earlier this month that the UK-based drinks giant had linked up with Irwin's bakery to manufacture Guinness whole grain bread at the Irish bread maker's Portadown bakery.
The bread mix product is based on the recipe served at the Guinness Storehouse visitor's centre, at the Guinness Brewery in Dublin.
Manufacturer Celtic Passions, which also makes Katie Reilly's Irish Soda Bread Mix and Katie Reilly's Blarney Scone Mix, said that the mix would be available from March this year and in two different 14 oz formats - tin and standard style flour bag. Both formats will allow consumers to bake one loaf of bread, the company added.
In addition, it will be available in 50 lb bags for in-store baking and food service distribution to hotels, restaurants, pubs and food retailers.
Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker may make Diageo more money, but there is no more iconic brand in its portfolio than Guinness. Nevertheless, speculation continues that Diageo may sell off its main beer bra...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global marke...
The chairman of Diageo has announced his retirement....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new chief financial officer for its North American unit....
The Diageo-owned brewer Guinness has been the victim of an adulteration scam in Nigeria....
The former executive director of Diageo Scotland has been appointed chairman of Scotland Food & Drink....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends