MALAYSIA: Guinness Anchor Berhad appoints ex-Heineken exec as MD
GAB brews a number of leading brands for the Malaysian market
Hans Essaadi, who spent around 20 years with the Dutch brewer, will take over as the Malaysian brewer's MD on 1 March. He will replace outgoing MD Charles Ireland, who is stepping down after six years in the role.
Essadi’s last role, which he held until the end of last month was general manager at Sirocco FZCO - a JV between Heineken and Emirates Group in the Gulf Region.
Ireland said: “Whilst I'll be sad to leave the GAB team, the GAB business and of course Malaysia, I know that I'm passing the business over to a very capable leader in Hans. I'm sure his fresh pair of eyes and his astute business acumen will help drive GAB up to the next level of performance.”
GAB operates the Sungai Way Brewery, which brews and markets Guinness, Tiger, Heineken, Anchor Smooth, Anchor Strong, Kilkenny, Anglia Shandy and Malta for the Malaysian market. The company previously reported its 11th consecutive year of sales, volume and profits growth for the 12 months to the end of June.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends