MALAYSIA: Guinness Anchor Berhad appoints ex-Heineken exec as MD
GAB brews a number of leading brands for the Malaysian market
Hans Essaadi, who spent around 20 years with the Dutch brewer, will take over as the Malaysian brewer's MD on 1 March. He will replace outgoing MD Charles Ireland, who is stepping down after six years in the role.
Essadi’s last role, which he held until the end of last month was general manager at Sirocco FZCO - a JV between Heineken and Emirates Group in the Gulf Region.
Ireland said: “Whilst I'll be sad to leave the GAB team, the GAB business and of course Malaysia, I know that I'm passing the business over to a very capable leader in Hans. I'm sure his fresh pair of eyes and his astute business acumen will help drive GAB up to the next level of performance.”
GAB operates the Sungai Way Brewery, which brews and markets Guinness, Tiger, Heineken, Anchor Smooth, Anchor Strong, Kilkenny, Anglia Shandy and Malta for the Malaysian market. The company previously reported its 11th consecutive year of sales, volume and profits growth for the 12 months to the end of June.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads