CHINA: Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery to raise finance - report
Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery is planning to raise up to CNY2.21bn (US$350m) via a share issue in order to expand capacity in China's growing beer market, according to local reports.
Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery intends to use the funds raised to expand production capacity at its Nanshu brewery in Guangzhou province and its Meizhou brewery in Hunan province, according to local reports, which cited a company filing. The brewer is 24%-owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.
China's beer market has continued to expand strongly, according to the latest available figures. In October, Tsingtao Brewery said that the country's beer market increased by 8.6% in volume for the first nine months of 2011.
However, concerns about the Chinese economy have grown. In November, SABMiller's joint-venture in the country, China Resources Enterprise, said: "The uncertainties surrounding the global economy have affected consumer sentiment in China, which in turn has put pressure on the Group's consumer goods business in the near term."
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected....
A fresh round of speculation has kicked off over whether Anheuser-Busch InBev will finally gets its paws on Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research