S AFRICA: Gruppo Campari targets vodka demand with Skyy parties
Campari says premium vodka is gaining strength in South Africa
Skyy-branded parties will be held in Johannesburgh this month to target "young, ambitious professionals", Campari said today (12 March). The investment has already included a TV ad, launched in January, which can be viewed below.
A company spokesperson told just-drinks today that details of the spend are confidential for competitive reasons.
Campari said South Africa's premium vodka category is growing by 22% a year, citing Nielsen figures, and that it opened an office in Cape Town in November to target growth in the region. “South Africans are drinking more premium vodka than ever before,” the company said.
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview