ITALY: Gruppo Campari silent on financing talk
Gruppo Campari has declined to comment on a report claiming it may issue a bond of between EUR350m and EUR500m (US$736m).
A report in Italy's La Stampa newspaper claimed yesterday (16 September) that Campari was considering launching a bond.
A Campari spokesperson told just-drinks that the group "does not comment on market rumours".
Last month, Campari reported half-year net profits boosted by lower spend on advertising and promotion, but sales were hit by destocking in key markets.
To read the just-drinks interview with Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz, click here.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
Gruppo Campari has announced a global marketing deal between its Skyy Spirits subsidiary and Warner Bros Entertainment....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends