SPAIN: Grupo Zamora takes on Jose Cuervo - report
Jose Cuervo's distribution deal with Diageo will run out in June
Grupo Zamora is to replace Diageo as the distributor of Jose Cuervo Tequila in Spain, according to reports.
The spirits and wine brand owner will take over from July, Alimarket said today (24 May). The news portal said Diageo will continue to distribute its “premium” Tequila Don Julio in Spain.
Jose Cuervo's owner, Mexico's Beckmann family, has been lining up deals with other distributors as its global deal with Diageo ends in June. Renewal talks between Diageo and the Beckmann's collapsed last December.
Last month, the family handed over distribution of its full Tequila range in Australia to Think Spirits, while Proximo Spirits, which is owned by the Beckmanns, will handle sales in the UK, Ireland, Canada and the US.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Jose Cuervo is giving a major push to its namesake Tequila brand in the UK, after a similar campaign in the US earlier this year. ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends