SWEDEN: Government defends alcohol import ban
The Swedish government has defended its private alcohol import ban. The European Commission has questioned the ban, fearing that it goes against competition.
According to the Swedish news service TT the Commission believes the Swedish system of only permitting individuals to import alcohol through the state alcohol monopoly Systembolaget is expensive and against competition. The Commission is reportedly one step below using the European Union Court.
The government replied to the Commission, saying that the ban is in place for the protection of public health.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly