Product Launch - EUROPE: Glenglassaugh Distillery Company's The Manager’s Legacy
Click again for a bottle shot of Glenglassaugh's Manager's Legacy
Glenglassaugh's The Manager’s Legacy - Jim Cryle 1974
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single cask malt, 45.3% abv
Available - From this month, limited to 200 bottles
Location - From specialist whisky retailers in the UK and Europe
Price - GBP250 (US$396) per 70cl bottle
During the period from 1962 until 1986, when the previous owners mothballed the distillery, Glenglassaugh had four consecutive distillery managers. One cask from each manager’s time in charge has been selected “as a testament to the individual’s contribution in the development of Glenglassaugh whisky”.
The first release in the range commemorates Jim Cryle, who held the post from August 1972 to August 1974. The second release, the Dod Cameron bottling, will be available from early November and the final two releases will be available in early 2011.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015