US: Glazer's ups Tennessee footprint with Star buy
Glazer's has raised its profile in Tennessee through the purchase of another distributor in the state.
The family-owned alcohol distributor, which operates in 14 states in the US, confirmed late last week that it will buy majority control of Star Distributing Co. The Memphis-based company handles brands owned by the likes of Bacardi, Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates, Moet Hennessy and Constellation.
Financial details behind the transaction were not disclosed.
“Our overall corporate strategy is to aggressively expand our footprint in the beverage distribution business and, when this acquisition is complete, we will have a significant market presence in Memphis,” said company president & CEO Sheldon Stein.
Back in 2011, Glazer's made its entry into Tennessee when it bought Victor L Robilio Co in the state.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends