US: Glazer’s Distributors appoints exec VP for Diageo, Moet Hennessy
Glazer’s Distributors has lined up an executive VP to work on its recently-extended tie-ups with Diageo and Moet Hennessy in two US states.
The US drinks distributor, which operates in 11 states, said yesterday (9 December) that Pete Carr will oversee its operations for the two companies in the states of Texas and Louisiana. Earlier this week, Diageo and Moet Hennessy USA confirmed that they had extended their respective distribution agreements with Glazer's in the two states.
Reporting in to Glazer’s president and CEO, Sheldon Stein, Carr will be responsible for Glazer’s business performance with Diageo and Moet Hennessy throughout the country. In the newly-created role, Carr will oversee a corporate team specifically in place for Diageo and Moet Hennessy, as well as Glazer’s in-market Diageo and Moet Hennessy teams.
Carr joins Glazer's from Diageo, where he was president of US spirits open states. He has also held the posts of president of Diageo-Guinness USA, and Diageo’s president of control states.
The appointment takes effect from 1 January.
What started yesterday (24 May) as a review of operations just in Europe for Diageo, has spread today to become a company-wide consideration of how to create "a more cost-effective organisation"....
Diageo's lack of presence in Cognac is a gaping chasm in its Asia-Pacific portfolio, but the drinks group is insistent that it has the tools for growth....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Q1 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India