US: Glacier takes over Water Island
The deal, which remains subject to approval by Water Island's shareholders and routine regulatory approvals, is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter.
Brian McInerney, chief executive officer of Glacier Water, said the company was excited about the acquisition of Water Island, based in the Midwest, given the company's excellent reputation and its geographical fit with Glacier's own business.
"The acquisition of Water Island also further expands Glacier's geographic reach and will deliver operational benefits in one of the fastest growing bottled water markets in the country," McInerny said. "In addition, the acquisition should accelerate Glacier's return to profitability."
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research