PHILIPPINES: Ginebra San Miguel toasts Q1 sales rise
San Miguel Corp in high spirits
The spirits arm of San Miguel Corp, Ginebra San Miguel, has reported a strong sales rise in the first quarter of 2010.
Net sales rose by 22% to PHP5.57bn (US$124m) for the three months to the end of March, compared to PHP4.56bn in the same period of 2009, said San Miguel Corp today (17 May).
The Philippines-based group attributed the growth to higher volumes and strong demand for its core brands Ginebra San Miguel Gin and GSM Blue.
Stable fuel prices and lower molasses costs helped Ginebra San Miguel's operating profits to rise by 14% to PHP474m for the quarter. Net profits rose by 27% to PHP317m, versus PHP249m last year.
The performance may boost San Miguel Corp's search for an investor in the spirits business.
Ginebra San Miguel and San Miguel Brewery were the main drivers of a 7% rise in first quarter sales for San Miguel Corp, to PHP44.7bn. Group profits also rose by 7%, to PHP2.9bn.
For more on San Miguel Brewery's first quarter results, click here.
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends