UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner handed deadline for Capital Pub Co deal
Fuller, Smith & Turner must 'put up or shut up' on Capital Pub Co
The UK Takeover Panel has set a 'put up or shut up' deadline for Fuller, Smith & Turner over the group's interest in Capital Pub Co.
Fuller's has agreed to state whether or not it intends to make a firm offer for Capital by 17:00 on 1 August. Capital asked the Takeover Panel to set a deadline as relations between it and Fuller's have turned increasingly ugly.
Capital said today (5 July) that it welcomes the Takeover Panel's decision. It said that it continues to believe that Fuller's GBP54m (US$86.6m) takeover approach "substantially undervalues the business and prospects of the company".
Last month, London Pride brewer Fuller's suggested that Capital's expansion plan looks unrealistic. "Fuller's believes that Capital will most likely be required to issue further equity to fund its growth strategy should it wish to continue acquiring freehold assets in London," it said. The London-based group added that its offer compares favourably with recent deals in the UK pub sector.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends