UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner appoints pubs MD
Fuller, Smith & Turner promotes Swaine to Inns MD
Fuller, Smith & Turner has promoted its operations director, Jonathon Swaine, to be the MD for its pub business.
The London Pride brewer said today (1 February) that Swaine will take up his new post with immediate effect. He will be responsible for the group's 366-strong estate of managed and tenanted pubs and hotels.
As part of the new role, Swaine will also take a seat on the Fuller's board. He will report directly to Fuller's group MD, Simon Emeny.
Fuller's chairman, Michael Turner, said: "He is an excellent retailer with an unrelenting focus on maintaining the highest of standards in our pubs." A Fuller's spokesperson told just-drinks that Swaine will replace Emeny, who moved up to the newly-created group MD role in November last year. Swaine will not be replaced as operations director but will continue to have duties related to his previous role.
Swaine takes the reins in the pub division with Fuller's in acquisitive mood. In November last year, the group said in its half-year results statement that it had acquired seven pubs during the six-month period.
It is planning a total capital spend of GBP51m (US$80.3m) in its current fiscal year. "Our balance sheet remains very strong and, having increased our bank facilities to GBP120m during the period, have additional funds available to invest in new opportunities as they arise," the group said in its half-year statement.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020