UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner appoints beer co head
Fuller, Smith & Turner announces Ian Bray as beer co MD
Fuller, Smith & Turner has appointed Ian Bray as MD for its beer company.
Bray will take up the position on 12 December, the London Pride beer brewer announced today (29 September). He replaces John Roberts, who left the London-based company in March this year to "pursue new opportunities".
Fuller's chairman Michael Turner said of Bray: "His exceptional international management and marketing experience will help us to grow sales of our beers both at home and abroad." His most recent position was European marketing director of Bunge, while he has also worked for Wrigley, Muller and SmithKline Beecham.
Bray joins Fuller's as the UK beer industry continues to grapple with a fall in consumption and the UK economy remains depressed. However, Fuller's last trading statement, issued in July, said that the group's own-brewed beer sales rose by 2% in volume for the first 16 weeks of its financial year, to 23 July.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report