UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner appoints beer co head
Fuller, Smith & Turner announces Ian Bray as beer co MD
Fuller, Smith & Turner has appointed Ian Bray as MD for its beer company.
Bray will take up the position on 12 December, the London Pride beer brewer announced today (29 September). He replaces John Roberts, who left the London-based company in March this year to "pursue new opportunities".
Fuller's chairman Michael Turner said of Bray: "His exceptional international management and marketing experience will help us to grow sales of our beers both at home and abroad." His most recent position was European marketing director of Bunge, while he has also worked for Wrigley, Muller and SmithKline Beecham.
Bray joins Fuller's as the UK beer industry continues to grapple with a fall in consumption and the UK economy remains depressed. However, Fuller's last trading statement, issued in July, said that the group's own-brewed beer sales rose by 2% in volume for the first 16 weeks of its financial year, to 23 July.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US